Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pattern for my Slipper Socks



I have just taken off my Slipper Socks for the first time to examine/count the stitches to give you the pattern. I HIGHLY recommend using Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn as it is the perfect thickness for warm slippers, comes in great colors and since it is so bulky it takes only a few hours to whip these up. I used a K hook and basically only sc stitches.

(This pattern is worked in continuous rounds)

The Pattern:

Chain 3 and join together to form a ring by working a slip stitch into the first chain made

1. Chain 1, work 6 sc into ring [6 sc]


2. Work 2 sc in each of the next 6 sc [12 sc]


(An example of continuous rounds. Instead of slip stitching into the first sc, and then chaining one, I just sc'd into the first sc and continued single crocheting around and around. Does that make sense?)


3. Work 1 sc into next sc and then 2 sc into the sc after that and repeat into next 12 sc [16]

4. Work 1 sc into next two sc, and then 2 sc into the sc after those and repeat

5. Continue to increase stitches until you can put your toes into the circle and fold it and everything fits comfortably.

(Ahhh roomy but not too wide... a perfect fit)


6. Once you reach that point sc in each sc around and around till your sock reaches where the gray is on my sock (where your ankle starts).

( Check out where I am pointing! Thats where you should stop crocheting around. At the end of the gray yarn and coincidentally where my finger is pointing!)


7. Then sc in half of the next sc's. So lets say you have a tube of 20 sc's (the size of my slippers), sc in next 10 - 12 sc's. Then STOP. Do not continue stitching around and around, you are now making the bottom of the slipper and are working back and forth in rows.

8. Turn, Ch 1 skip first sc and sc in every sc

9. Turn, Ch1 skip first sc and sc in every sc

( Rows 7 through 9 are demonstrated by the dark orange yarn. The light orange is a good demonstration of Row 10. Especially at the end)


10. As you get closer to the end of the heel. Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc, 1 sc in each of remaining sc, 2 sc in the Ch-1 at edge

11. Repeat row 10.

12. When your bottom goes past your heel, fold the heel end of the slipper in half, with the wrong sides together and join the back heel seam. I just sc'd through the two sides and fastened off.

13. You should have something that resembles a Turkish slipper.

14. Join the yarn to the top of slipper and continue to sc in every sc round and round till you reach the desired height of the slipper.

I hope this pattern was everything you hoped for and more. Comment if you don't understand anything, or if you need more directions, I know I'm not the best at writing out patterns.

I hope your feet will be as toasty and happy as mine are! :)

9 comments:

TinaD said...

I used your patern to make my very first pair of socks. I only had to modify it a little. I decreased a little on the top part - apparently I have wide toes and skinny ankles! :-) Thanks again for making this pattern so doable!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!! This was the only sock pattern I could figure out, the others were disaters. The pictures were a big help!!!
Thanks again for a very warm sock pattern.

Kristen said...

I found your pattern before Christmas and am super thrilled with it. I made two pair, one for my 2 yr. old grandson and one for my husband. With your easy instructions I can easily change them to whatever size I want. I've KNIT socks for several years, but wanted a quick and easier way and this is it. Thanks so much.

sdreamcatcher said...

How much yarn is needed and what size hook? Is this for s specific foot size? A stitch count for each step would help. More pictures at the end of each step would be great, especially 10-12. I didn't have luck with this pattern, so am looking for something else. Very pretty though.

Crafty and Caffeinated said...

Great tutorial! I LOVED the general instructions which made it easy to adapt for any size. So far I have made 4 pairs from this pattern, thanks so much!
Julie

Anonymous said...

What size hook is used for this pattern?

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for this pattern. I am a 15 year old girl who just started crochet. This is the first project i could understand. Thank you very much!

Sharon Hart said...

Thanks for sharing this simple sock pattern. I made my first sock and it fits perfectly. I did do a few decreases on the ankle rows. This pattern can be adjusted to fit any foot size using whatever yarn and hook size you desire.

Anonymous said...

Hello making my first socks this is so much fun thank you am going to the heel part now lol